Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Don't Bother Me. I'm Breathing.

The last two times I've tried to write in my blog, I have fallen asleep. I bore myself. That is saying something because I could be entertained in a square, white room with my hands strapped to my back.

I don't see why everyone has to bother me to actually do things. "Anna, let's go to your best friend's birthday party," or "Anna, you can't leave a three-year-old by himself," or "Anna, you should probably get that checked out." "Excuse me," I say, "You are interrupting my breathing."

That's why I try to surround myself with easily entertained people.

Pros?
1. They are a rewarding audience, laughing at simple gibberish words or toot jokes
2. They understand my efficient energy saving techniques some refer to as laziness
3. They tell the best toot jokes.

Cons?
Hmm... negatives of being childlike and carefree... think, think, think.

Looking back, I have always been easily entertained. As kids, Doree and I invented a brilliant game in which we would roll a foosball ball on the carpet towards a goal. When we made
a goal, we could eat a chip.

Another time we layed in my hallway upstairs gargling melodies for about an hour. We even used to memorize all the answers from the first edition of Nintendo Jeopardy. The only competition was who could buzz in the fastest. (FYI: if the question includes the word "snake", the answer's an asp.)

And I'll never forget when Doree pushed me all the way from her house to my house in a bright blue wheelbarrow, a feat rivaling Everest.

Simple entertainment has existed forever. Look at marbles, jacks, paddleball, and calculus for example. Easily entertained people, may as well be dubbed the creative geniuses of our time.

Needless to say, creative genius flourishes in Rexburg, Idaho.


4 comments:

Doree said...

Anna, I think this just moved into your funniest-post-ever position. I literally could not stop laughing. It was so funny that I laughed out loud at work and all of my coworkers were wondering what I was laughing at. Your simple blog has provided me with effortless entertainment.

Doree said...

Although this blog is exceptional beyond all reason, it cut deep. In a bad way. Never before have I known that you need to be coaxed into going to my birthday parties. I'll keep that in mind for my invite list for next year.

Marty Phil Milius said...

Toot, toot, toot, what's that smells like teen spirit? No we can entertain ourselves. My only question is with all this toot business, I'd expect your post "Toot Uncommon," to be about...well toots. But, none the less the title merely entertains my conscience just enough to get me to read the entire post. Effectively Entertaining.

Eric and Hannah said...

Toot jokes are the best.