Thursday, May 15, 2008

Guitard


     I've been trying to learn the guitar for a while now.  Turns out, it's kinda hard and hurts my fingers.  Remember that time I asked for a unicycle for Christmas?  Yeah, it's kinda like that.  Sure, it "would be cool" to play the guitar or ride a unicycle, but who has that kind of motivation?   But seriously, if anyone wants to teach me, I want to learn the guitar.  That would be cool.
     
     Sometimes when I have big ideas like learning the guitar or starting a blog, I picture myself getting invited to Oprah because I am so incredibly famous.  I guess that's all the glory I need, because I am all talk no follow-through.  No, really you should try it.  It's like getting the reward without any effort, and Oprah is that cute up close.

     Speaking of cute, I was applying for a scholarship the other day when I thought, wow, I can make myself sound pretty pansy-ish.  Writing to me is like an excuse to be a pansy.  That's why I like it so much.  I can really express myself.  See, "express myself" = 100 on pansy radar.  You know what I mean.

      I guess somebody is considered mature when they can appreciate the arts.  I consider myself appreciative about the arts, but still giggle inwardly when a poet uses the word "gay" for happy or when an artist paints a bum crack.  Ha, I said gay.  What do you think the artist is thinking while he's painting a bum crack anyways?  Does he use a model?  

    Nah, I really love art, but Jay knows what I'm talkin about.  

     

3 comments:

Molly and Jay said...

I was wondering why there was a guitar in your parents family room.

Eric and Hannah said...

You just put that guitar back in the closet next to yuor unicycle, juggling set, and pogo stick and we'll watch some TV. What's on you ask? It doesn't matter.

Liggetto said...

I like art because it rhymes with start. If you don't start you will never finish. Like Covey says, "Begin with the end in mind."