Friday, October 17, 2008

Top 5 Worst Things that Ever Happen

So, I was thinking. Now that I have written about the Top 10 Greatest Things that Ever Happen, it would be foolish not to pair it with the Top 5 Worst Things that Ever Happen. That way, we can partake of the fruit. Enjoy the knowledge of good and evil. In case you were wondering, I mostly like to live in as much ignorance as possible, so I am only going to allow myself to think of 5 bad things. Once again these are in order of how they came into my mind.

1. Sneezing Right After Applying Mascara
With the concentration of a heart surgeon, mouth wide open, eyes popped, you slide the mascara wand across your delicate lashes making sure each wet ball spreads evenly to the tips. Sniffle sniffle achoo. Voila, you're an emo. Then you have to wipe it off with wet tissue getting white residue on your cheekbones and rubbing foundation off in patches in the process. Fuh-rust-trate-ing.

2. Clothes Falling Off of Hangers
You're in TJ Maxx arms full of clothes to try on when you spot the cutest jacket ever. As you go to grab it, it leaps onto the floor, hanger and all. You bend your knees, lowering yourself like a pregnant lady, and pick up the jacket from the sleeve when the hanger tumbles to the tile below. By then, I'd just drop the jacket, step on it, then walk away. Not really. Ha, that reminds me. When we were kids, one of my brothers once, I won't name names, said in a way only Eric could say, "Just throw it on the ground, that way the janitors will be happy they can do their job." Man, he's got a lot of faith in the intrinsic motivation of the business world.

3. Barfing in a Taco Bell Parking Lot
The funny thing is, I hadn't even eaten there yet. Imagine that. I was in the "ghetto" of Colorado (yup, it even had creepy gas stations) when it happened. My friends were inside Taco Bell and I was sitting on the sidewalk after puking into a vacant parking spot (don't worry, it wasn't the handicapped parking). I turned to see a ripped black man who was ripped in a tank top that showed off his rippedness with a Doo Rag on his head approaching me. He came up and said, "Hey, are you alright? Do you need me to buy you a drink or something?" Nice guy. I think he might have thought I was drunk by the way he was talking to me. I wasn't.

4. Asking a Question to Someone Who Doesn't Hear You
What are you supposed to do. Ask it again? Then everyone who DID hear you will make fun of you or laugh at your awkwardness. Don't ask it again? Then everyone who DID here you will be waiting for you to ask it. Also, you might never know the answer (not that we care about the answers to many questions we ask anyways.)

5. Writer's Block

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, I just sit here and giggle the whole time I read your blog. I LOVE IT!!

Liggetto said...

Haha. You funny.
I would like to add to your list "barfing in your Mom's van" and by your mom, I really do mean in YOUR mom's van...Jay cleaned it up.
From,
Molly

Anna said...

Well, i would consider adding that to my list except it wouldn't coincide with 5 WORST things that ever happen. I mean, what's better than watching your brother clean up your barf?

Anonymous said...

I posted you on my "blog of the week to read" LOVE YOU

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh my heavens. You are hilarious. I'm ever so glad I found your blog!!
Lindsey

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh my heavens. You are hilarious. I'm ever so glad I found your blog!!
Lindsey

Molly and Jay said...

Anna, those were some pretty bad experiences. Nice word usage with intrinsic. Don't tell me you didn't have an inner "booyah" when you pulled that little number off. My favorite though was number 5. You are silly, and not fat--not that there's anything wrong with that, besides the diabetes and cardiovascular risks.