Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy America!

Well, the 4th of July is soon approaching so I may as well give a salute to America.  It's a great time to reflect on the rich history of this nation.  Good thing I don't know much of it, or that would take more time than my attention span allows.  So instead I will salute Independence Day as I know it.

Fireworks.  Some years I feel they are completely overrated, other years I can't get enough of them.  Kinda like Donny Osmond.  This year I'm heading to Wyoming to set them off legally.  It will be quite the show.  Hopefully Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat quality.

Hot Dogs.  If you don't know already, doctors say hot dogs may cause pancreatic cancer.  Shyeah right, soon they'll be saying cigarettes cause cancer too.  Ever tried Spam?  I swear it's just canned hot dog with a slight cat food aroma.  It's good though, you should try it.

Soda Pop.  I'm usually a conservative drinker, you know one pop at dinnertime, but when the 4th rolls around, all discretion flies out the window.   Unfortunately, a two liter doesn't fit in the lawn chair cupholder which is why I also salute...

Fanny Packs.  The 4th brings neighbors together and for some reason it seems like neighbors are always either wearing short shorts or fanny packs.  Sometimes both.  Also scrunchies.

Here's to you America!  Happy 4th everybody (aka, the two people who read my blog)!  


3 comments:

Liggetto said...

Fanny packs: utterly convenient, completely atrocious. Hot dogs: a cruel mistress; I love you, and hate you. Nice homage paid to those who died to give us our independance...oh wait.

Eric and Hannah said...

Amen Sista!

Molly and Jay said...

Umm,I don't really have an interesting comment. I just wanted to write so you could be proud that THREE people read your blog. Yea!